If you have been referred to a hospital or clinic through the NHS e-Referral Service, booking your appointment online is easy, safe and secure.
You will need:
- The booking reference number stated on the booking letter
- The password you received from your referrer (e.g. GP practice)
If you have been referred but do not have your booking reference number or password, please call 01869 249333 and ask to speak to the practice secretary.
Online - browse to https://www.ebs.ncrs.nhs.uk/
By Telephone - Call The Appointment Line (TAL): 0345 60 88 88 8 open every day 7.00am - 10.00pm (Textphone services are available on 0345 8 50 22 50)
How to choose your hospital or clinic
In some cases you will have more than one clinic or hospital to choose from. The list of options will be the same whether you decide to book online or over the phone.
Before you select your clinic and appointment slot, consider all the options such as:
- How long do I have to wait for my first appointment?
- How quickly can I start my treatment?
- How far away is the hospital or clinic?
In most cases you have the legal right to choose the hospital or service you'd like to go to. This will include many private hospitals, as long as they provide services to the NHS.